I made a sculpture after lunch today.
I just felt inspired. It's a self-portrait. I call it Girl Without Dishwasher.
I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a sculptress; but I dabble.
It took about twenty minutes to wash these bottles with the special bottle washer wand. It's a wonderful time of my day where I can space out and try to remember the lyrics to Regina Spektor songs.
After the bottle pieces are fully scrubbed, I stack them on a paper towel folded up especially for the occasion. We have a dish rack, but my maternal instincts (read: anal rententiveness) forbid me to stack my precious child's bottles in the same space where lesser dishes dry. There might be errant germs that will stick to the bottle somehow and Jane will contract some rare and deadly virus and before you know it she's the subject of a medical story on the Today Show and I'll think, If only I'd let her bottles dry on their own clean surface, none of this would have happened.
Besides, this way I get to build bottle cities.
I love this!!! I have always loved how your mind works. You are smart and funny! I would read any book you would write! Amazing....well, not, really. Keep going!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your compliments! (I'll pay you your $5 tomorrow)
Delete