![]() |
| {Do you feel like there's something between us? Photo courtesy of the incomparable Suzuran Photography.} |
Did you know there's a Husband Appreciation Day?
That's alright; I didn't either.
The holiday falls on the third Saturday of April,
which, this year, is tomorrow.
I have many reasons for appreciating Jack; here are a few...
Jack is kind. He's nice to people. I can't imagine anyone ever not liking Jack.
He works hard. He drives an hour each way to work, works 12 hours each day,
and yet he has never come home in a bad mood.
Jack is patient and he is smart. This makes him funny, too.
When I was pregnant with Jane and iron-deficient, he made me cheeseburgers every night.
When we brought Jane home from the hospital, he made sure we had Beatles CDs in the car.
Jack somehow knows whenever we need something and magically brings it home. Like soap or dog food.
Jack insists he loves mowing the lawn.
He respects and understands that I have quirks.
Jack has quirks, too. Good quirks that make him human.
He supports my dreams, and he doesn't think my crazy ideas are crazy.
More than anything, he's my best friend.
And, in case you're indignant at the oversight, Wife Appreciation Day is the third Sunday in September, which also happens to be Jane's 1st birthday this year. Thank you, Jane, for stealing my thunder.

No comments:
Post a Comment