April 19, 2012

Inspirational Ladies

It's true that life is hard.
Days are bad.
People are mean.
$%# happens.

But it's also true that life is good.
Days are blessings.
People are kind.
Prayers are answered.

Sometimes I feel like I'm about to break down because the trash bag rips and spills,
or Rufus barks and wakes up Jane (like right now as I type this),
or I get stuck behind someone intent on leading a parade down the freeway.

But then Jane makes a cute face.
{Jane smacks her lips.}
Or Jack reads my mind and suggests Chinese take-out for dinner.
Or we have unseasonably warm weather and can open the windows.
And it's all better.

I am a firm believer that you get what you give.
On some days it's tricky, though, to stay on this side of happy.
Luckily, there are two ladies who seem to have the right perspective when I can't find mine.
While they have bad days, they aren't dousing the world in negativity.
Nor are they trying to pretend life is all sunshiny and glorious.

Each has her own remarkable story.
In sharing those stories, they're making the world a little more positive,
and I can't help but pass that along.

No comments:

Post a Comment